BEFORE YOU CLOSE THE WINDOW THINKING THIS GUY IS AN IDIOT, KNOW THAT I DID THIS FOR SEVERAL GOOD REASONS...
- It's for charity and a good cause--Pittsburgh's Project Bundle Up
- It's January 1st and a great way to start the New Year (and cure a hangover if you're into that...)
- It has become a family tradition, and I'm not going to quit before my two older brothers (I'm the youngest so I have to be tougher than them). It's our 8th Year in a row. Well, 7 for my oldest brother, Brett. He missed a year because of cancer; I think he deserves a pass, right? Maybe? We'll see...
- THERE'S REALLY, REALLY QUALITY SCIENCE for Cryotherapy, and I'm a nerdy Doctor soooo here it goes...
As with most topics today, Health/Wellness/Fitness is host to a lot of good and bad information as well as plenty of opposing viewpoints.
Dr. Rhonda Patrick, PhD (Biomedical Science) is an expert in the field of Aging, Cancer & Nutrition. She is someone I seriously trust. She is about as unbiased as one can be, and she cares deeply about quality research and science. She has a 20-page report about the benefits of Cryotherapy. Read more at https://www.foundmyfitness.com/
- Cryotherapy increases Norepinephrine…
- ...think better mood and more focus to get things done
- Cryo increases [Heat/Cold] Shock proteins, which are strongly associated with increased longevity and lower risk of Dementia and Alzheimers….
- ...live longer and keep your wits
- Decreased pain and inflammation…most people knew that already right?
- Cryo improves immune function and increases T-lymphocytes, which are known to kick Cancer’s butt…
- ...this is TOO COOL (no pun intended)
- Cyrotherapy can convert your fat cells from white to brown adipose tissue….
- ...don’t worry about color, just know that it helps you burn more fat
- Cryo increases antioxidant activity
- …this helps you age better, protect your DNA and fight pre-cancerous cells
- MEN! Cryo has been shown to improve testosterone…need I say more?
- Who wants to see Inner Strength Physio get a cryotherapy chamber???
I am not a medical doctor and I do not play one… Speak with your physician before starting cryotherapy or any regimen involving physical stressors.
Polar Bear Socks :)
When I have enough of these, I'm going to make a T-shirt blanket! I'm up to 8...I wonder how many I'll need?